Person Centred Communication Training for Organisations
I am an expert social learning leader and trainer with extensive experience of delivering intensive interaction training to teachers, support workers, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, managers and families.
I offer INSET and CPD training that aims to embed the following approaches:
- Intensive Interaction Training – how to create rapport using person centred communication techniques
- Musical Interaction Training – how to use responsive music and song to create rapport
- Understanding Challenging Behaviour – developing empathy through Compassionate Communication (TM)
- Intensive Interaction Recording – taking baselines, recording sessions and developing language for the practice
My training is suitable for all contexts and I have a particular interest in:
- developing sustainable communities of practice in health and social care settings
- developing recording systems to support the provision of intensive interaction in educational settings
Kickstart your community of practice with an intensive interaction training day that not only inspires, but offers straightforward explanations and strategies that are practical to implement at a managerial and frontline level.
Fun, informative and thought provoking activities that are underpinned by the social learning leadership deepen the authentic connections between staff and facilitate team capacity. Matthew has been trained in social learning by Etienne and Bev Wenger-Trayner and has many years of experience developing communities of practice around Intensive Interaction is educational and residential care settings.
Working from a deep understanding of the principles of the approach means that recording methods can easily be adapted to meet the needs of your organisation and assist in solving your challenges. Follow-ups sessions are available to ensure the legacy of the training.
Full day training includes:
- Video examples
- Enjoyable social learning activities
- Group discussion to solve personal/organisational challenges
- Community of practice development
INSET / CPD Training DayFull day
- A full day in your setting for up to 40 participants. Includes travel costs with UK. Excludes accommodation costs.
- Groups larger than 16 people may incur additional costs for handouts and resources.
My name is Matthew Laurie and I work in collaboration with care settings and school to develop responsive communication and intensive interaction services. I studied social learning with Etienne Wenger and Bev Wenger-Trayner I specialise in developing sustainable communities of practice in order to effect genuine changes in staff practice. I also offer musical interaction and responsive communications for service users in schools, mental health care and residential settings for the elderly. I am a Director of Understanding Arts CIC and I am co-developing the approach of person centred arts.